Real Time Australia (and its related companies) is an Australian based Human Resources / Recruitment consulting organisation. We are committed to collecting, storing and using private and sensitive information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988.
Collection and Storage of Personal and Sensitive Information
Real Time Australia may collect information about you that may be required during the recruitment and contracting process, including but not limited to:
- Name, address and contact details
- Qualifications, Accreditations and employment history
- References, employment objectives and salary details
- Tax File Number, bank details and immigration information
Information may be collected from your direct job application, from submission via our website, from verbal and email communication, from public record, referees and third parties.
Sensitive Information is a special category of personal information under the Australian Privacy Act 1988. It is information or opinion about you including criminal record, health information, religious beliefs, sexual preferences and membership of a professional or trade association.
We will only disclose your sensitive information for the purpose for which it was collected or purposes to which you otherwise consent.
Real Time Australia will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information by storing it in a secure environment. We may store your personal information in paper and electronic form. We will also take reasonable steps to protect any personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Real Time Australia may use cloud storage to store the personal information we hold about you. The cloud storage and IT servers may be located outside Australia.
Use and Disclosure of Information
Real Time Australia holds, uses and discloses your personal information for the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement. We will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose without first seeking your consent, unless authorised or required by law.
Generally, we will only use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To maintain our business relationship, where you are a candidate, client, referee, user of our website or partner
- To provide our services to you
- To match your details to job vacancies and where consent is given, to send your personal information to clients in order to apply for jobs
- To direct-market products and services, advise you of news, events, promotions, reports, surveys and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from these communications
- To enable trusted third parties to provide services you have requested and provide services to us such as ITC consultants, professional services and prospective business purchasers or investors
- We may also seek your consent to collect hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above
Real Time Australia may disclose personal information to overseas recipients in order to provide its services and for administrative or business purposes. Recipients of such disclosures are located in United States of America and Philippines but may also be located in other countries.
Before disclosing any personal information to an overseas recipient, we take steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure the overseas recipient complies with the Australian Privacy Principles or is bound by a similar privacy scheme.
Access to and Correction of Information
The Privacy Act sets out your rights to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact the Privacy Officer on 9032 2800 or email to Jayne@realtimeaustralia.com
We may endeavour to contact you from time to time in order to update your information. If you choose not to respond to such contact, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of your information.
Queries and Complaints
If you have a query or complaint about the way your information is being handled, please address it in the first instance to our Privacy Officer, 33 Riley Street, Woolloomooloo, NSW, 2011.
We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible. Should you be unsatisfied with the outcome of this complaint, please contact the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner http://www.oaic.gov.au (Telephone Number 1300 363 992).