It does not matter if you are a Job Seeker or a Hiring Manager, building a good relationship with a good IT recruiter in Sydney or Melbourne can really pay dividends.
Recruiters have taken a beating again in recent LinkedIn posts which, to be honest, is nothing new. We work in a service industry with some really shoddy recruiters and guess what, People like to hang on to negativity and dramatise situations about how hard done by they are the blame factor. I would actually really like to interview all the disgruntled candidates and workshop their experience to see if they could have influenced their experiential outcome in a more positive manner. I am sure there would be some good stories in there.
(Trust me I am a recruiter – it’s more than just shuffling resumes about in the hope of the dream job for you).
Our story is about the absolute life-changing, positive influences we have on 1000’s of peoples lives every year. Not just for candidates looking for work but for businesses looking to build successful teams.
Without recruiters, there are a considerable number of businesses locally to the Sydney market that would not have had the accelerated growth as a startup or small business to become the ASX Listed $Million$ businesses they are today.
Why you should build relationships with a good recruiter? As a recruiter and I know other good recruiters attest to building relationships is the foundation of our service and a lot of good friendships, not just business partnerships have been made along the way. How does this happen? When you find a good recruiter or two you will benefit by having:
- A listener to your specific needs and a want to understand how they can help long-term
- A Confidante – That will prioritise your assignment over all others because they believe in you and your goals
- A Professional – Who will understand your culture and business values ensuring the candidates you review are all top quality
- A Realist – Who will give you market intelligence and advice
- A Friendly Partner – Who will have a conversation with no sales pitch
- A Co-ordinator – That knows you and or your business so well you can actually depend on them to deliver results
- A Loyalist – That you want to go back to and use to find a job or fill a job
- An Adversary – That you actually want to have lunch, beer, coffee, wine, dinner with.
- An Innovator – That makes you look good and your business successful
- An Economist – That saves you time, money
This is not an exhaustive list, I am sure other recruiters reading this can relate and might like to add their comments too.
So rest assured there is a place for recruiters and if you find a good recruiter, you will certainly realise the benefits they can bring whether you are a candidate looking for an IT job or a client looking to fill a job.
If you are a business looking to grow your team click to download/view a PDF version of Real Time Australia’s transparent range recruitment solutions.